Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

WIP RG Freedom - Part 2

Hey everyone, its been a long time since my last update, but i managed to make some significant progress. So far, i've painted almost half of the parts that i've available. the only thing left are the white pieces that i need to prime and paint. After that, i'll put the freedom together and give it a nice clear coat. Today i plan to prime the white pieces with mr white base 1000, and let them sit overnight to dry/cure. tomorrow i'll paint the remaining pieces with Mr Color White, and i'll be then moving on to assembly. I hope you guys enjoy my WIPs, and please visit my blog for more updates! Cheers!









 My setup in the garage of my house. Not very pretty, but I rather paint here than in my room. The smell is very toxic and smelly.

 Probably one of the most sought after airbrushes in the market. It sprays very smoothly, evenly, easy to control, and its really easy to clean. I highly recommend it if anyone is serious about airbrushing their kits.
 My compressor of choice is the Iwata Smart Jet. This thing is a beast! I had three air compressors in my lifetime, and I have to say this is the one to get! If you're on a budget, then this is my recommendation to you, or a sprint jet. I may do a review on this when I have time.
 My collection of paints over the years.
 I used both the Rust-Oleum Primer and Mr Surfacer 1000, both with two different finishes.



 Internal frame painted with Mr Color Super Black + Alclad II Aluminum.
 Since I didnt have a light blue in my paint inventory I custom mixed my own batch. Its roughly 40:60 blue to white



 I also custom mixed my navy blue. Its roughly 60:40 blue to black. In the picture it may look black, but up close in person it has a nice blue shine to it. Very beautiful.





No comments:

Post a Comment